An audit of every school in the KILT initiative by the Western Cape Education Department and the schools’ management teams revealed several school-specific needs.
We have been able to provide the following:
- A sports ground at Hornlee Primary School and a Grade R playground at Concordia Primary School.
- A container each at Knysna Secondary School and Brackenhill Primary School, thereby freeing up space in the IT lab that had been used for book storage.
- Ramps at Fraaisig Primary School so that mobile kits on trolleys can be easily moved and fully utilised.
- Portable Chromebooks and other technology for a remedial reading programme at Knysna High School.
- A piano at Chris Nissen Primary School.
Each year, we support at least one specific high impact project as identified by each school.
“KILT has played a vital role in several extra-curricular activities, such as netball, soccer and music. Educators have entered three school choirs in competitions in 2019.”